ADPP Mozambique (Associação de Ajuda de Desenvolvimento de Povo para Povo) in Mozambique, intends to recruit a Laboratory Advisor for PNCT, for Maputo.
The Consultant will provide technical assistance to the NTCP in the design, implementation, coordination, and monitoring of activities to implement new TB diagnostic technologies in the country, research projects, continuing education projects, and assist in the management of maintenance processes for TB diagnostic equipment used in the country.
- Implement the TB-focused technical assistance project, strengthening of the diagnostic network and system strengthening, and quality improvement interventions in line with NTCP priorities;
- Assist in the introduction and implementation of new diagnostic tools, tests and procedures such as Truenat, Xpert MTB/XDR, CAD4TB and stool tests for pediatric TB;
- Support the development or updating of national diagnostic network strategic plans, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and policies;
- Design or revise diagnostic algorithms and ensure their dissemination and use to aid clinical decision making;
- Conduct diagnostic site assessment processes and ensure follow-up of action plans and implementation of corrective and preventive actions (equipment maintenance);
- Monitor and report on the progress of diagnostic network improvement activities according to the NTP plan;
- Work collaboratively and in coordination with technical staff as well as project partners in the development and implementation of the NTCP work plans;
- Increase capacity in local TB diagnostic stakeholders and leaders to identify and oversee improvements in diagnostic networks;
- Provide technical assistance and trainings to TB diagnosis network staff to ensure capacity building and continuous improvement;
- Develop strategies to ensure proper functioning of functional TB diagnostic equipment, including systems to maintain functional laboratory equipment, ensure equipment maintenance by establishing a cadre of trained local biomedical technicians;
- Assist in developing strategies to build TB labs to perform more TB diagnostic tests (culture, Xpert, drug susceptibility testing, and first-line probe-LPA assays, including second-line drug resistance);
- Design and conduct the implementation of the NTCP research protocols and according to the recommendations of the National Bioethics Committee for Health (CNBS);
- Coordinate all administrative, financial, and logistical activities of the NTCP research.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field;
- Have experience in microbiology, clinical diagnostics, laboratory science, or equivalent;
- At least five years of experience in strengthening Tuberculosis-focused diagnosis and capacity building in the country;
- Have competence and practical experience in the use of the TB diagnostic techniques in force in the country;
- Mastery of the main indicators of the tuberculosis program;
- Computer skills in the user's perspective;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and under pressure;
- Organizational, planning, and oral and written communication skills;
- Have experience in research design and implementation;
- Fluent in Portuguese;
- Mastery of the English language will be an advantage.
- Improving the case detection rate for TB all forms and resistant TB;
- Increased rate of TB patients confirmed by laboratories;
- Increase in Rifampicin Resistant TB cases undergoing TSA;
- Reduction in the number of non-functional Genexpert modules;
- Improvement in investigative skills and the writing of scientific papers;
- Improved capacity to maintain TB diagnostic devices in the country;
- Improving technical capacity for the diagnostic confirmation of Tuberculosis.
Interested candidates should send their CVs, accompanied by a letter of interest and copies of certificates, to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject of the e-mail the position for which you are applying.